Modern Project Finance: A Casebook
October 2003, ©2004
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
This is a Print-on-Demand title. It will be printed specifically to fill your order. Please allow an additional 2-3 days delivery time. The book is not returnable.
- Provides a new and interesting setting in which to teach advanced principles of corporate finance.
- The cases provide comprehensive coverage of project finance in terms of actual use (i.e., geographic regions, industrial sectors, stages of project execution, etc.) so the reader can see the full range of practice. Cases are set in power, telecom, oil and gas, and mining, and in a range of countries such as Kuwait, Vietnam, Venezuela and Chad.
- Because most cases were written in conjunction with the people actually involved with the deals, the cases include contractual details, commentary, and financial projections that are not typically disclosed through public documents.
- The case studies are "managerial" in nature. They provide descriptive details, but they challenge readers to make important managerial decisions. Readers must identify critical issues (key questions), analyze the available data, and create a plan of action or respose. This process helps students become more adept at management in a way that replicates practice.
- The cases have been "battle-tested" in the classroom. The author has taught every case multiple times, and revised them to ensure they achieve their pedagogical objectives. The teaching notes have been tested and revised-they work in practice.