The Guru Guide to Entrepreneurship: A Concise Guide to the Best Ideas from the World's Top Entrepreneurs
Are some business ideas better than others, and how can I pick the one that's right for me?
How do I obtain financing to start a business? How do I write a successful business plan?
What is the secret to finding and keeping customers?
How do I find, hire, motivate, and retain great employees?
For answers to these and other critical questions on the minds of every entrepreneur and aspiring business owner today, there is no better source than those who have been there and done it. Few entrepreneurs have achieved the level of business success realized by the gurus covered here. Now you can find out what they have to say about the most practical aspects of starting and succeeding in the business of your dreams. The Guru Guide(TM) to Entrepreneurship is an indispensable source of inspiration and ideas for anyone who runs, or dreams of running, a business of their own. Some of the Gurus you'll meet:
- Paul Allen, cofounder, Microsoft Corporation
- J. Walter Anderson, cofounder, White Castle
- Mary Kay Ash, founder, Mary Kay Cosmetics
- Jeff Bezos, founder, Amazon.com
- Richard Branson, founder, the Virgin Group
- Charles Brewer, founder, Mindspring.com
- Warren Buffett, owner, Berkshire Hathaway
- Ben Cohen, cofounder, Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream
- Michael Dell, founder, Dell Computers
- Debbi Fields, founder, Mrs. Fields Cookies, Inc.
- Bill Gates, cofounder, Microsoft Corporation
- Earl Graves, founder, Black Enterprise
- Steve Jobs, cofounder, Apple Computer, Inc.
- Herb Kelleher, founder, Southwest Airlines
- Phil Knight, cofounder, Nike Corporation
- Ray Kroc, founder, McDonald's Corporation
- Edwin Land, founder, Polaroid Corporation
- Charles Lazarus, founder, Toys "R" Us
- Bill Lear, founder, Lear Jet Corporation
- Tom Monaghan, founder, Domino's Pizza
- Akio Morita, cofounder, Sony Corporation
- Fred Smith, founder, Federal Express
- Thomas Stemberg, cofounder, Staples, Inc.
- Dave Thomas, founder, Wendy's International, Inc.
- Jay Van Andel, cofounder, Amway Corporation
- Sam Walton, founder, Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
The Perfect Idea.
JIMMIE T. BOYETT (email@example.com) is cofounder of Boyett & Associates (www.jboyett.com). She is the coauthor of six books, including Beyond Workplace 2000 and The Guru Guide(TM) (Wiley). Boyett is a recognized expert on business process reengineering and the application of leading-edge information systems technology. Her clients have included Hartmarx, Brunswick Corporation, Burlington Industries, Methodist Hospitals, J. P. Stevens, and SouthWestern Bell.