Innovations in Safety Management: Addressing Career Knowledge Needs
Innovations in Safety Management establishes a knowledge base of financial management fundamentals to open communications between safety professionals and management. It will facilitate deeper comprehension of executive decision making so that safety strategies can be delivered in business terms. Also, it will assist safety practitioners in establishing personal value within a company and communicating that value to management. Also detailed in this book are:
- The theoretical ideal for optimum safety performance
- The Safety Decision Hierarchy–placing the hierarchy of controls within tried and proven problem-solving techniques
- Why safety practitioners need to know about hazard analysis and risk assessment
- A primer on hazard analysis and risk assessment
- How to prevent bringing hazards into the workplace
- Methodology for extending task analysis to further establish value
- A new, three-dimensional risk scoring system
- Behavioral safety
- A history of the Safety Through Design movement
A Short Course on Business Financial Management.
Establishing Your Value: Communicating Incident Statistics in Financial Terms.
The Theoretical Ideal for Optimum Safety Performance.
The Safety Decision Hierarchy.
Why You Need to Know About Hazard Analysis and Risk Assessment.
A Primer on Hazard Analysis and Risk Assessment.
How to Avoid Bringing Hazards into the Work Place.
Task Analysis: For Productivity, Cost Efficiency, Safety, and Quality.
Risk Scoring Systems.
Current Developments in Behavioral Safety.
The Safety Through Design Movement.
"...well written, informative and immediately applicable.... The safety practitioner can use this information immediately to improve company performance. I highly recommend it." (Professional Safety, February 2002)
"...provides important tools for the safety professional who needs to move beyond the mechanics of the day to day safety tasks to development of a health and safety program..." (Chemical Health & Safety, May/June 2002)
Buy Both and Save 25%!
Innovations in Safety Management: Addressing Career Knowledge Needs (US $173.00)
-and- Destruction of Hazardous Chemicals in the Laboratory, 3rd Edition (US $139.00)
Total List Price: US $312.00
Discounted Price: US $234.00 (Save: US $78.00)