Mastering Tomcat Development
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
Other Available Formats: Paperback
This comprehensive introduction to developing complex Web applications using Tomcat and related Apache Jakarta technologies examines everything you need to know about Tomcat 4—the popular, award-winning server for implementing and deploying servlets and JavaServer Pages. Tomcat helps developers create dynamic Web content without the problems associated with other methods, like CGI scripts. Author Peter Harrison has written the first book to cover Tomcat from a developer's perspective. He shows you how to use Tomcat by itself as well as with related Apache Jakarta technologies to develop dynamic Web applications, and you'll also learn techniques for improving your programming productivity.
This practical, guide is packed with source code and examples of real-world Web applications. Plus, you'll discover other exciting features of Tomcat, including:
- A code-intensive guide to building Web applications that run on Tomcat
- Details on using other Apache Jakarta technologies-including Struts, Taglibs, Velocity, and CVS-with Tomcat to form a comprehensive Java Web development process
- Complete guidelines for installing, configuring, and administering Tomcat, including coverage of the new Manager application and Web application deployment process
The companion Web site contains:
- All source code from the book
- Working demonstrations
- Links to additional resources