Communication and Control in Electric Power Systems: Applications of Parallel and Distributed Processing
June 2003, Wiley-IEEE Press
The restructuring of the electric utility industry has created the need for a mechanism that can effectively coordinate the various entities in a power market, enabling them to communicate efficiently and perform at an optimal level. Communication and Control in Electric Power Systems, the first resource to address its subject in an extended format, introduces parallel and distributed processing techniques as a compelling solution to this critical problem.
Drawing on their years of experience in the industry, Mohammad Shahidehpour and Yaoyu Wang deliver comprehensive coverage of parallel and distributed processing techniques with a focus on power system optimization, control, and communication. The authors begin with theoretical background and an overview of the increasingly deregulated power market, then move quickly into the practical applications and implementations of these pivotal techniques.
- Integrated Control Center Information
- Parallel and Distributed Computation of Power Systems
- Common Information Model and Middleware for Integration
- Online Distributed Security Assessment and Control
- Integration, Control, and Operation of Distributed Generation
- Agent Theory and Power Systems Management
- e-Commerce of Electricity
2. Parallel and Distributed Processing of Power Systems.
3. Information System for Control Centers.
4. Common Information Model and Middleware for Integration.
5. Parallel and Distributed Load Flow Computation.
6. Parallel and Distributed Load Flow of Distribution Systems.
7. Parallel and Distributed State Estimation.
8. Distributed Power System Security Analysis.
9. Hierarchical and Distributed Control of Voltage/VAR.
10. Transmission Congestion Management Based on Multi-Agent Theory.
11. Integration, Control, and Operation of Distributed Generation.
12. Special Topics in Power System Information System.
Appendix A. Example System Data.
Appendix B. Measurement Data for Distributed State Estimation.
Appendix C. IEEE-30 Bus System Data.
Appendix D. Acronyms.
YAOYU WANG, PhD, is a senior research scientist in the Electric Power and Power Electronics Center at the Illinois Institute of Technology. He has twelve years of industrial and academic experience in power systems computation, optimization, and control; power market analysis; and EMS/DMS applications, development, and integration. He was a recipient of a research fellowship from the Japan Society for the Promotion of Science, and was a guest research scientist of Germanys Alexander von Humboldt Foundation. Dr. Wang is a Senior Member of IEEE.
Communication and Control in Electric Power Systems: Applications of Parallel and Distributed Processing (US $265.00)
-and- Electric Power Planning for Regulated and Deregulated Markets (US $155.00)
Total List Price: US $420.00
Discounted Price: US $315.00 (Save: US $105.00)