J.K. Lasser's Year-Round Tax Strategies 2004
With just a little foresight, tax time can be less painful. If you're looking to avoid unwelcome surprises at tax time, pick up J.K. Lasser's Year-Round Tax Strategies 2004 and learn how to pay less in taxes by simply planning ahead.
Whether you invest in stocks or mutual funds, own a home, work from home, or own a business, this invaluable book provides tax-saving strategies that will guide you throughout the year-ensuring a shock-free April 15th. Plan ahead, prepare for new tax laws, and pay fewer taxes with the help of J.K. Lasser's Year-Round Tax Strategies 2004.
This comprehensive guide provides you with:
* Detailed coverage of new tax legislation and IRS rules
* Special sections highlighting tax-planning and tax-saving opportunities for investors, business owners, and individuals planning for retirement or other special circumstances
* Plain-English explanations of income-reporting rules, tax deductions, and tax credits
* Questions and answers that illustrate tax-filing and tax-planning techniques
1. Introduction to Personal Tax Planning.
2. Taxable and Tax-Free Income and Benefits.
3. Deductions and Credits—For Itemizers and Nonitemizers.
4. Deductions—For Itemizers Only.
5. Gains and Losses.
6. Real Estate—The Most Tax-Favored Investment.
7. Other Tax-Favored Investments.
8. Marriage and Divorce.
9. Retirement Plans.
10. Business Tax Planning.
11. Special Groups of Taxpayers.
12. Estate Planning Strategies.
13. Dealing with the Internal Revenue Service.