The Handbook of Advanced Materials: Enabling New Designs
* Presents information about all of these advanced materials that enable products to be designed in a new way
* Provides a cost effective way for the design engineer to become acquainted with new materials
* The material expert benefits by being aware of the latest development in all these areas so he/she can focus on further improvements
1. Polymer Composites (John Shaffer, Theodore P. Phillippidis and Anastasios P. Vassilopoulos).
2. Advanced Ceramic Materials (David W. Richerson).
3. Continuous Fiber Ceramic Composites (James K. Wessel).
4. Low-Temperature Co-Fired Ceramic Chip Carriers (John U. Knickerbocker and Sarah H. Knickerbocker).
5. Intermetallics (James K. Wessel and Vinod Sikka ).
6. Metal Matrix Composites (Christopher A. Rodopoulos and James K. Wessel).
7. Nickel and Nickel Alloys (D.C. Agarwal).
8. Titanium Alloys (F.H. (Sam) Froes).
9. Aluminum and Aluminum Alloys (J. Randolph Kissell, Syros G. Pantelakis and G.N. Haidemenopoulos).
10. Functionally Graded Materials (Ivar E. Reimanis).
11. Corrosion of Engineering Materials (Robert Akid).
12. Standards and Codes for Advanced Materials (Michael G. Jenkins).
13. Nondestructive Evaluation of Structural Ceramics (William A. Ellingson and Chris Deemer).
14. Advances in Rapid Prototyping and Manufacturing Using Laser-Based Solid Free-Form Fabrication (Eric Whitney).
"…a detailed guide to the latest advanced materials." (MRS Bulletin, March 2005)
"…should be extremely useful for product designers and engineers." (E-STREAMS, November 2004)
"The book is well presented and has ample illustrations, graphs, and a layout that is logical and easy to follow. It will be welcomed by anyone with interest in the use of this diverse group of materials." (Corrosion, November 2004)
"Taking a comparative approach geared towards problem-solving and material selection, this resource will serve as a bridge to gap between the practitioner and the material supplier.” (Chemical Engineering Progress, June 2004)
"The Handbook of Advanced Materials contains the most recent information designer and engineers need to know…this outstanding monograph is an essential reference for engineers." (Polymer News)
Buy Both and Save 25%!
The Handbook of Advanced Materials: Enabling New Designs (US $216.95)
-and- Engineering Solutions for Sustainability: Materials and Resources (US $43.95)
Total List Price: US $260.90
Discounted Price: US $195.67 (Save: US $65.23)