Combinatorics, 2nd Edition
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
Other Available Formats: Hardcover
This book is intended to be used as the text for a first course in combinatorics. the text has been shaped by two goals, namely, to make complex mathematics accessible to students with a wide range of abilities, interests, and motivations; and to create a pedagogical tool, useful to the broad spectrum of instructors who bring a variety of perspectives and expectations to such a course.
Features retained from the first edition:
- Lively and engaging writing style
- Timely and appropriate examples
- Numerous well-chosen exercises
- Flexible modular format
- Optional sections and appendices
Highlights of Second Edition enhancements:
- Smoothed and polished exposition, with a sharpened focus on key ideas
- Expanded discussion of linear codes
- New optional section on algorithms
- Greatly expanded hints and answers section
- Many new exercises and examples