Probability: Modeling and Applications to Random Processes
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
This is a Print-on-Demand title. It will be printed specifically to fill your order. Please allow an additional 5-6 days delivery time. The book is not returnable.
- Presents a seamless introduction to the basic elements of probability together with applications from stochastic processes
- Places a primary focus on modeling so that students learn why various distributions and processes available are useful as probabilistic models of physical phenomena
- Briefly discusses methods of point estimation seamlessly throughout, rather than placing the topic in a separate chapter
- Prepares students for courses in statistical inference, stochastic processes, mathematical statistics, or other discipline-specific courses that require knowledge of probability and elementary stochastic processes
- Includes 395 exercises comprised of 916 separate parts that ask a total of over 1000 different questions across eight chapters; 90 additional conceptual questions finish out the chapters