Automated Continuous Process Control
Beginning with the very basics of process control, Automated Continuous Process Control builds upon each chapter to help the reader understand and efficiently practice industrial process control. This complete presentation includes:
- A discussion of processes from a physical point of view
- Feedback controllers and the workhorse in the industry–the PID controller
- The concept and implementation of cascade control
- Ratio, override (or constraint), and selective control
- Block diagrams and stability
- Feedforward control
- Techniques to control processes with long dead times
- Multivariable process control
Applicable for electrical, industrial, chemical, or mechanical engineers, Automated Continuous Process Control offers proven process control guidance that can actually be used in day-to-day operations. The reader will also benefit from the companion CD-ROM, which contains processes that have been successfully used for many years to practice tuning feedback and cascade controllers, as well as designing feedforward controllers.
Ratio, Override, and Selective Control.
Block Diagrams and Stability.
Multivariable Process Control.
Appendix A: Case Studies.
Appendix B: Processes for Design Practice.