Isotope Tracers in Metabolic Research: Principles and Practice of Kinetic Analysis, 2nd Edition
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
Now fully revised and expanded, Isotope Tracers in Metabolic Research, Second Edition is the established definitive text on stable and radioactive isotope tracers. In unique, multidisciplinary fashion, it presents comprehensive coverage of new methodological, mathematical, and theoretical approaches.
This new Second Edition includes:
- All-new chapters on nuclear magnetic resonance, mass isotopomer analysis, and methods of protein metabolism analysis
- A completely updated categorized list of over 750 references
- Major advances in the development of mass isotopomer and positional isotopomer techniques, noninvasive isotope techniques for studying metabolic pathways, hyphenated techniques, and new tracer techniques
- The latest developments in quantification of DNA synthesis and mass spectrometry spurred by genome sequencing and proteomics
- New coverage of mathematical modeling
- Expanded coverage of microdialysis probes, laboratory procedures, and regulatory issues related to human studies
In this complete guide to performing tracer studies, the authors systematically cover tracer selection, modeling considerations, sample derivitization, mass spectrometry analysis, and data interpretation. Problems and discussion questions highlight key points in each chapter. Isotope Tracers in Metabolic Research, Second Edition offers students and researchers a comprehensive, practical resource for utilizing the latest tracer methodologies.