Golf Course Architecture: Evolutions in Design, Construction, and Restoration Technology, 2nd Edition
Introduction to the Second Edition.
PART I: THEORY.
Chapter 1: What Is Golf Course Architecture?
Chapter 2: Basic Criteria.
Chapter 3: Hazards.
Chapter 4: Form and Function of Green Complexes.
Chapter 5: From Tee to Fairway.
Chapter 6: Individual Golf Holes.
Chapter 7: The Beautiful and the Ugly.
Chapter 8: The Recreational Process of Golf.
Chapter 9: The Ideal Golf Course Architect.
PART II: PRACTICE.
Chapter 10: The Site Analysis and Feasibility Study.
Chapter 11: The Ideal Design Process.
Chapter 12: The Evolving Design Process.
Chapter 13: Computers, Satellites, and Image Technology.
Chapter 14: Economics of Course Construction.
Chapter 15: Plans, Specifications, and Bidding.
Chapter 16: Aspects of the Construction Sequence.
Chapter 17: Tee, Green, and Bunker Construction.
Chapter 18: Irrigation.
Chapter 19: Seedbed Preparation and Planting.
Chapter 20: Turfgrass Establishment and Maturation.
Chapter 21: Improvement Plans and Renovation.
Chapter 22: Golf and the Environment.
- Fully updated throughout to address changes in methods of practice, the impact of environmental requirements, how to become a golf course architect, and what it takes to succeed in the profession
- Addresses the influences of new turfgrasses for putting surfaces, the impact of longer hitting golf equipment, the new strategy for hazards placement, and the impact of computer technology on every aspect of professional practice
- Includes coverage of emerging environmental issues related to water usage and golf courses
- Described as the “modern bible of golf course architecture”
- Chronicles all facets of designing, building, renovating and restoring a golf course.
- Beautifully illustrated with hundreds of full-color photographs, and course maps and drawings, it chronicles all facets of designing, building, renovating and restoring a golf course.
- Provides a wealth of understandable and useful information on golf architecture from its earliest beginnings with Old Tom Morris to modern architectural design
- Reveals the art and science of golf course architecture
- Practical in nature, explaining tee, green and bunker construction, turfgrass establishment ad maturation, as well as drainage and irrigation trends and techniques
Buy Both and Save 25%!
Golf Course Architecture: Evolutions in Design, Construction, and Restoration Technology, 2nd Edition (US $120.00)
Total List Price: US $205.00
Discounted Price: US $153.75 (Save: US $51.25)