Core Concepts of Personal Finance
June 2003, ©2004
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
This is a Print-on-Demand title. It will be printed specifically to fill your order. Please allow an additional 2-3 days delivery time. The book is not returnable.
1. Understanding the Financial Planning Process.
2. Financial Planning and Budgeting.
3. Managing Your Taxes.
4. Time Value of Money.
5. Managing the Liquid Assets.
PART II. BUYING ASSETS AND TAKING ON DEBT.
6. Borrowing on Open Account.
7. Acquiring Consumer Loans.
8. Buying and Selling Personal Assets: Houses and Cars.
9. Financing Personal Assets: Mortgages, Car Loans, and Car Leases.
PART III. RISK AND INSURANCE.
10. Risk Management and Property and Casualty Insurance: Automobile and Homeowner’s Policies.
11. Insuring Your Life.
12. Insuring Your Health.
PART IV. INVESTMENTS.
13. Introduction to Investments and Fixed Return Investments.
14. Common Stock and Related Securities.
15. Investment Companies: Mutual Funds, Closed-End Funds, Unit Investment Trusts, and Investment Clubs.
16. Securities Markets and Market Mechanics.
PART V. PLANNING FOR RETIREMENT AND DEATH.
17. Planning for Retirement, Part I: Social Security and Pensions.
18. Planning for Retirement, Part II: Tax-Favored Programs and Personal Savings.
19. Preparing for Death: Wills, Trusts, Gift and Estate Taxes.