Managing IT as a Business: A Survival Guide for CEOs
1. Get the CIO on the Executive Team.
2. Link IT Strategy to Corporate Strategy.
3. IT Management Is about Relationship Management.
4. Align the IT Organization Structure with Profitability Drivers.
5. Understand the Real IT Spend.
6. Focus on Outcomes, Not Process.
7. Leveraging Investment Cycles and the Power of Standardization.
8. Talk about Information Technology and Use IT Appropriately so Others Know It Is Important.
9. Information Technology Improvement Never Ends.