System Reliability Theory: Models, Statistical Methods, and Applications, 2nd Edition
Since the first edition of this popular text was published nearly a decade ago, new standards have changed the focus of reliability engineering and introduced new concepts and terminology not previously addressed in the engineering literature. Consequently, the Second Edition of System Reliability Theory: Models, Statistical Methods, and Applications has been thoroughly rewritten and updated to meet current standards.
To maximize its value as a pedagogical tool, the Second Edition features:
- Additional chapters on reliability of maintained systems and reliability assessment of safety-critical systems
- Discussion of basic assessment methods for operational availability and production regularity
- New concepts and terminology not covered in the first edition
- Revised sequencing of chapters for better pedagogical structure
- New problems, examples, and cases for a more applied focus
- An accompanying Web site with solutions, overheads, and supplementary information
With its updated practical focus, incorporation of industry feedback, and many new examples based on real industry problems and data, the Second Edition of this important text should prove to be more useful than ever for students, instructors, and researchers alike.
Preface to the First Edition.
2. Failure Models.
3. Qualitative Systems Analysis.
4. Systems of Independent Components.
5. Component Importance.
6. Dependent Failures.
7. Counting Processes.
8. Markov Models.
9. Reliability of Maintained Systems.
10. Reliability of Safety Systems.
11. Life Data Analysis.
12. Accelerated Life Testing.
13. Bayesian Reliability Analysis.
14. Reliability Data Sources.
Appendix A. The Gamma and Beta Functions.
Appendix B. Laplace Transforms.
Appendix C. Kronecker Products.
Appendix D. Distribution Theorems.
Appendix E. Maximum Likelihood Estimation.
Appendix F. Statistical Tables.
The late ARNLJOT HØYLAND, PhD, was a Professor in the Department of Mathematical Sciences at the Norwegian University of Science and Technology. Dr. Høyland died in December 2002 at the age of 78.
“The second edition has been thoroughly rewritten and updated to meet current standards.” (Zentralblatt Math, Vol.1052, No.3, 2005)
"The authors have done a good job creating a rich resource for a wide variety of readers interested in this important area of research." (Journal of the American Statistical Association, December 2004)
"If you like and own the 1E, I expect that you would want to purchase this second edition. Overall, it is 20% larger and considerably enhanced with new material and new topics." (Technometrics, November 2004)
"…a useful reference and handbook for both industrial statisticians and system reliability engineers. It can be used as a text for senior undergraduate and graduate students..." (Mathematical Reviews, 2004k)
"...perfect for engineers in design, process and quality to help build a more robust product or process.” (Quality Progress, October 2004)
“…provides a comprehensive treatment of system reliability theory” (Short Book Reviews, August 2004)
Buy Both and Save 25%!
System Reliability Theory: Models, Statistical Methods, and Applications, 2nd Edition (US $195.00)
-and- Risk Assessment: Theory, Methods, and Applications (US $149.00)
Total List Price: US $344.00
Discounted Price: US $258.00 (Save: US $86.00)