Service Efficient Network Interconnection via Satellite: EU Cost Action 253
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
This is a Print-on-Demand title. It will be printed specifically to fill your order. Please allow an additional 5-6 days delivery time. The book is not returnable.
* Hospitals/clinics in remote and rural areas can be connected to the central hospitals in a tele-medicine environment
* Remote offices can be connected to the central office to facilitate tele-working
* University/colleges can be inter-connected to provide tele-education facilities
Similarly, the possibility to provide access to such facilities in developing regions of the world is also viable and particularly attractive in the short to mid-term. Private LAN connection facilities could also be made available to the corporate user, offering the possibility to establish broadband internet access within a closed user group. Such a scenario could be of interest to the financial sector. By gathering the knowledge and experiences of well-known satellite systems experts from different parts of Europe this comprehensive volume provides detailed analysis on technical aspects for interconnecting local area network using satellite. Starting from traffic source modelling for different types of applications and services to different types of transmission techniques and networking functions for supporting such services, different case studies are presented to analyse the performance of such technologies.
By providing an insight to current and future developments in satellite communications systems and by covering a broad range of materials in technical aspects in relation to satellite communication systems technologies, this volume will be of tremendous use to researchers, academia and industry.
* First book to present such a thorough description of the reliability functions of satellite systems
* Discusses IP over satellite
* Provides a unique analysis and description of different simulation tools that are under development for evaluating the performance of satellite systems
* Includes a chapter devoted to traffic modelling for satellite systems
* Reviews current research and developments in security and discusses how such security functions can be implemented over satellite networks
* Addresses different types of routing strategies and includes three different case studies which have been carried out to analyse the performance of different routing strategies
Buy Both and Save 25%!
Service Efficient Network Interconnection via Satellite: EU Cost Action 253 (US $280.00)
Total List Price: US $410.00
Discounted Price: US $307.50 (Save: US $102.50)