Retail Geography and Intelligent Network Planning
- Explores some of the trends taking place within the broad consumer-retailing sector, drawing on research undertaken in grocery, supermarket retailing, financial services, travel and leisure in Europe, North America and Australasia
- Numerous global case studies are used to show keys issues
- Details how retailers can begin to develop information and analytical frameworks to better understand what is happening in the retail environment
- Describes how retailers can plan their cross channel network strategy for the future
TRENDS IN RETAILING
Trends in Distribution and Retail Supply
The Regulatory Environment
RETAIL LOCATIONS AND DISTRIBUTION CHANNELS: PAST,PRESENT AND FUTURE
The High Street or Town Centre
The Superstore and Hypermarket
The Discount Store
The Shopping Centre or Mall
The Retail Warehouse and Retail Park
New Retail Locations
New Retail Formats and Distribution Channels
The Old versus the New
SPATIAL RETAIL GROWTH STRATEGIES
Mergers and Acquisitions
Joint Ventures and Strategic Alliances
GEOGRAPHY AND E-COMMERCE
What is E-Commerce/Internet Retailing?
Who Makes Money from the Internet?
Understanding Consumer Preferences
Examples of Internet Retailing in Different Sectors
Geography, the Internet and E-Commerce
METHODS FOR SITE SELECTION
An Inductive Approach to Site Selection
A Deductive Approach to Site Selection
Applied Location Modelling
The Simplicity Spectrum
SPATIAL INTERACTION MODELS FOR RETAIL SITE ASSESSMENT
The Model and its Development
Estimating the Small Area Demands for Products and Services
The Supply Side
Customer Flows and Store Revenues
Providing a Decision-Support Capability
The Development of a Cross Channel Management Planfor the City of Vienna for a Major Automotive Manufacturer
NETWORK REPRESENTATION PLANNING
Case Study 1:Automotive Network Optimization
Case Study 2:Financial Services Network Optimization
Post-merger Network Optimization
Retail network optimization
DIRECT MARKETING AND DISTRIBUTION CHANNEL MANAGEMENT
Enhancement of Geodemographics
Other Micro-Modelling Strategies
A Financial Services Channel Simulation Model
MEASURING THE BENEFITS OF SPATIAL MODELLING
Returns on Capital
Applications to Market RegulationConclusion
- The first book in this subject area to focus on geography and its usefulness in business through the analysis of real-world applications.
- Explores some of the trends taking place within the broad consumer-retailing sector, drawing on research undertaken in grocery, supermarket retailing, financial services, travel and leisure in Europe, North America and Australasia.
- Numerous global case studies are used to show keys issues.
- Details how retailers can begin to develop information and analytical frameworks to better understand what is happening in the retail environment.
Describes how retailers can plan their cross channel network strategy for the future.
Buy Both and Save 25%!
Retail Geography and Intelligent Network Planning (US $287.95)
-and- Teaching Geographic Information Science and Technology in Higher Education (US $143.95)
Total List Price: US $431.90
Discounted Price: US $323.92 (Save: US $107.98)