Smart Environments: Technology, Protocols and Applications
Foreword by (Howard E. Shrobe).
PART 1: INTRODUCTION.
1. Overview (D. Cook & S. Das).
PART 2: TECHNOLOGIES FOR SMART ENVIRONMENTS.
2. Wireless Sensor Networks (F. Lewis).
3. Power Line Communication Technologies (H. Latchman & A. Mundi).
4. Wireless Communications and Pervasive Technology (M. Conti).
5. Middleware (G. Youngblood).
6. Home Networking and Appliances (D. Marples & S. Moyer).
PART 3: ALGORITHMS AND PROTOCOLS FOR SMART ENVIRONMENTS.
7. Designing for the Human Experience in Smart Environments (G. Abowd & E. Mynatt).
8. Prediction Algorithms foor Smart Environments (D. Cook).
9. Location Estimation (Determination and Prediction) Techniques in Smart Environments (A. Misra & S. Das).
10. Automated Decision Making (M. Huber).
11. Privacy, Security, and Trust Issues in Smart Environments (P. Nixon, et al.).
PART 4: APPLICATIONS.
12. Lessons from an Adaptive Home (M. Mozer).
13. Smart Rooms (A. Chen, et al.).
14. Smart Offices (C. Gal).
15. Perceptual Environments (A. Pentland).
16. Assistive Environments for Individuals with Special Needs (A. Helal, et al.).
PART 5: CONCLUSIONS.
17. Ongoing Challenges and Future Directions (S. Das & D. Cook).
SAJAL K. DAS, PhD, is a professor in the Department of Computer Science and Engineering and Founding Director of the Center for Research in Wireless Mobility and Networking (CReWMaN) at the University of Texas at Arlington. He is the coauthor of Mobile Wireless Computing: A Quantitative Approach.
"…provides encyclopedic coverage of many possible aspects…a nice general overview of different aspects of smart environments." (Journal of Intelligent & Fuzzy Systems, Vol. 16, No. 3, 2005)
"…it was quite important to come up with this book, in order to move this knowledge out of the same loop, and disseminate it to a larger audience, which will benefit from research on smart environments." (Computing Reviews.com, May 5, 2005)
"With contributions from leading researchers in a wide array of disciplines, this book presents the state of the art in this emerging field." (Computer Magazine, January 2005)
Smart Environments: Technology, Protocols and Applications (US $150.00)
-and- Large-Scale Computing Techniques for Complex System Simulations (US $107.95)
Total List Price: US $257.95
Discounted Price: US $193.46 (Save: US $64.49)