High-Frequency Electromagnetic Techniques: Recent Advances and Applications
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
The first and only single-source reference of its kind, this unique book offers a comprehensive, in-depth look at the state-of-the-art methods in high-frequency analysis. A superb working resource for researchers and designers in a wide range of industries, it includes detailed demonstrations of how these methods can be applied to design and analysis problems involving radiation, scattering, antennas on structures, mutual coupling, EMC and EMI studies, terrain propagation and modeling, and more. It is also designed to function equally well as a textbook for graduate-level courses in electromagnetics.
* Exhaustive coverage of the latest HF analysis techniques
* Practical solutions to a plethora of engineering problems
* Numerous case studies and illustrative examples
* Discussions of some of the computer codes currently used to perform high-frequency calculations and their relative merits and limitations.
Electromagnetic engineers often deal with problems in which the surfaces of the geometrics being studied do not conform to the eleven coordinate systems in which wave equations are separable. In such cases, when exact solutions of wave equations don't apply, approximate methods must suffice.
Among these is the class of high-frequency analytical techniques covered in this book--methods which lately have proven themselves to be indispensable to the design and analysis of radar systems, antennas, the interpretation of results in remote sensing, and the assessment of electromagnetic compatibility and electromagnetic interference in computer circuits.
The most comprehensive guide to the subject currently available, High-Frequency Electromagnetic Techniques provides an in-depth look at the latest methods for high-frequency analysis. Designed to help professionals find fast, accurate solutions to their design and analysis problems, this valuable working resource features many case studies and realistic examples which vividly demonstrate exactly how high-frequency techniques can be applied to such areas as:
* Analysis of near and far field patterns of horns and corrugated conical horns and their design
* Analysis and design of various reflector systems
* Slot antennas and their high-frequency formulations and design
* Antennas on finite bodies and on aircraft
* The estimation of mutual coupling between antennas on structures
* EMC and EMI problems with aircraft antennas and antennas on structures
* Terrain propagation modeling and the prediction of the effects of terrain geometry and properties on EM wave propagation
* Ground, sea, and atmospheric clutter modeling and the choice of radar parameters to obtain clutter reduction in many situations
Readers will also appreciate the fact that the author has devoted an entire chapter to detailed descriptions of all computer codes currently used to perform high-frequency calculations, including critical evaluations of their relative merits and limitations in a variety of applications, whenever possible.
While it can serve as an excellent graduate-level text for courses in electromagnetics, High-Frequency Electromagnetic Techniques is, above all, an indispensable working resource for researchers and designers in the telecommunications, defense, and computer industries. It also has an extensive list of references and additional references which would be helpful to readers for further study.
Buy Both and Save 25%!
High-Frequency Electromagnetic Techniques: Recent Advances and Applications (US $252.00)
-and- Compact Multifunctional Antennas for Wireless Systems (US $99.95)
Total List Price: US $351.95
Discounted Price: US $263.96 (Save: US $87.99)