Mundo unido, Lectura y escritura: Nivel Intermedio
July 1995, ©1996
A Complete Learning-Program for Intermediate Spanish Willey is proud to present a flexible new Intermediate Spanish series that makes learning fun! Two texts combined with a workbook and a complete audio program immerse students in the language via real-life vignettes, media, and photos! All components of the program are closely coordinated to reinforce key grammatical and vocabulary points. Mundo Unido: Repaso y conversación Marí a Canteli Dominicis, St. John’s University 58485–1 Reinforcing all four skills, the grammar review features clear explanations and numerous realia-based exercises. The exercises promote an active use of the language with many pair and group and self-expression activities.
- Turns grammar review into a fun, culturally enriching experience by placing it in a realistic meaningful context. This is achieved through the inclusion of brief readings, lots of realia and photos, and profiles of famous Hispanics.
- Crystal clear grammatical explanations are immediately applied in dialogues and prose. English is used to help clarify more difficult points. Directions and the exercises themselves are given in Spanish.
- Unique escenas illustrate vocabulary and provide a springboard for conversations and activities.
- Contemporary readings open each chapter to introduce the theme and provide contextualized vocabulary.
- A wide selection of short and long readings includes both cultural and literary selections with the majority reflecting Hispanic life in the 90’s. Some of the authors featured include Isabel Allende, Octavio Paz, Carmen Martin Gaite, and Gloria Fuertes.
- A great smorgasbord of realia-based exercises that range from traditional grammatical and vocabulary review to more communicative exercises encourage self-expression and pair and group work.
- Reading and writing strategies enhance reading habits, vocabulary acquisition, and writing skills.
- Workbook/Lab Manualcontains grammar and verb review to better prepare students for the in-class communicative exercises. It also has fun vocabulary applications through descriptive visuals, crossword puzzles, realia, etc. The lab portion includes oral exercises for practicing vocabulary, listening comprehension, and oral expression activities.
- Audio Cassettestwelve 30-minute cassettes that reinforce vocabulary, listening comprehension, and oral expression. A Tapescript is also available.