Quantity Food Sanitation, 5th Edition
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
This is a Print-on-Demand title. It will be printed specifically to fill your order. Please allow an additional 5-6 days delivery time. The book is not returnable.
Consumer safety is the most important concern of any successful bulk foodservice operation. And no book has done more to safeguard consumers from foodborne illnesses than Quantity Food Sanitation. First published in 1972, it has schooled generations of dietitians, nutritionists, and professional foodservice operators in techniques for the safe preparation, transport, storage, and serving of food.
This fully revised and updated edition includes coverage of the latest scientific and technological advances in the field. It focuses on the microbiological factors of food prepared in quantity and features comprehensive, step-by-step coverage of the entire sequence in the process of serving food to the publicfrom purchasing safe food, through the numerous steps involved in preparation and storage, to final service.
The most complete, up-to-date guide to quantity foodservice safety, Quantity Food Sanitation, Fifth Edition:
- Features a new chapter on microwave cooking and its effects on microbial content in foodservice applications
- Includes thorough scientific documentation regarding the latest findings on problems and solutions for microbial contamination of food
- Reviews recent developments in storage technology, including the sous vide (vacuum bag) and other innovations in products with an extended shelf life
- Incorporates the latest food safety guidelines and procedures
- Includes the HACCP system for avoiding contamination in food service operations