Negative-Refraction Metamaterials: Fundamental Principles and Applications
July 2005, Wiley-IEEE Press
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
This is a Print-on-Demand title. It will be printed specifically to fill your order. Please allow an additional 5-6 days delivery time. The book is not returnable.
Other Available Formats: E-book
Negative-Refraction Metamaterials: Fundamental Principles and Applications introduces artificial materials that support the unusual electromagnetic property of negative refraction. Readers will discover several classes of negative-refraction materials along with their exciting, groundbreaking applications, such as lenses and antennas, imaging with super-resolution, microwave devices, dispersion-compensating interconnects, radar, and defense.
The book begins with a chapter describing the fundamentals of isotropic metamaterials in which a negative index of refraction is defined. In the following chapters, the text builds on the fundamentals by describing a range of useful microwave devices and antennas. Next, a broad spectrum of exciting new research and emerging applications is examined, including:
* Theory and experiments behind a super-resolving, negative-refractive-index transmission-line lens
* 3-D transmission-line metamaterials with a negative refractive index
* Numerical simulation studies of negative refraction of Gaussian beams and associated focusing phenomena
* Unique advantages and theory of shaped lenses made of negative-refractive-index metamaterials
* A new type of transmission-line metamaterial that is anisotropic and supports the formation of sharp steerable beams (resonance cones)
* Implementations of negative-refraction metamaterials at optical frequencies
* Unusual propagation phenomena in metallic waveguides partially filled with negative-refractive-index metamaterials
* Metamaterials in which the refractive index and the underlying group velocity are both negative
This work brings together the best minds in this cutting-edge field. It is fascinating reading for scientists, engineers, and graduate-level students in physics, chemistry, materials science, photonics, and electrical engineering.
Buy Both and Save 25%!
Negative-Refraction Metamaterials: Fundamental Principles and Applications (US $116.00)
Total List Price: US $261.00
Discounted Price: US $195.75 (Save: US $65.25)