The Complete Guide to Real Estate Finance for Investment Properties: How to Analyze Any Single-Family, Multifamily, or Commercial Property
* Proven, effective valuation techniques
* Finance tips for all different kinds of property
* How various financing strategies affect investments
* Structuring financial instruments, including leverage, debt, equity, and partnerships
* Measurements and ratios for investment performance, including capitalization rates and gross rent multiplier ratios
* Future and present value analysis
* How the appraisal process works
* Primary appraisal methods-replacement cost, sales comparison, and income capitalization-and how to know which one to use
* How to understand financial statements, including income, balance, and cash flow
* Case studies for single-family rentals, multifamily conversions, apartment complexes, and commercial office space
* A detailed glossary of important real estate terminology
Chapter 1. Introduction to Real Estate Finance.
Chapter 2. Primary Investment Elements and Their Effect on Financing Strategies.
Chapter 3. Secondary Investment Elements and Their Effect on Financing Strategies.
Chapter 4. Additional Investment Elements and Their Effect on Financing Strategies.
Chapter 5. Structuring Financial Instruments.
Chapter 6. Real Estate Investment Performance Measurements and Ratios.
Chapter 7. Advanced Real Estate Investment Analysis.
Chapter 8. The Valuation of Real Property.
Chapter 9. Financial Statements and Schedules.
PART II: CASE STUDY REVIEW—PRACTICAL APPLICATION OF VALUATION ANALYSIS.
Chapter 10. Case Study 1: Single Family Rental House.
Chapter 11. Case Study 2: Single Family to Multifamily Conversion.
Chapter 12. Case Study 3: Multifamily Apartment Complex.
Chapter 13. Case Study 4: Single Family Conversion to Commercial Office Building.
PART III: EPILOGUE AND APPENDICES.
Chapter 14. Epilogue Destined for Greatness.
Appendix A: www.thevalueplay.com.
Appendix B: www.symphony-homes.com.