Air Monitoring for Toxic Exposures, 2nd Edition
This book offers ready-to-use information for measuring a wide variety of airborne hazardous materials including chemicals, radon, and bioaerosols. It provides the latest procedures for air sampling, collecting biological and bulk samples, evaluating dermal exposures, and determining the advantages and limitations of a given air monitoring method.
PART I: BACKGROUND CONCEPTS FOR AIR MONITORING.
1. Air Monitoring review.
3. Exposure Assessment Strategy and Monitoring Plan.
4. Air Monitoring at Emergencies Including Terrorism Events.
PART II: SAMPLE COLLECTION DEVICE METHODS FOR CHEMICALS.
5. Introduction to Monitoring Using Sample Collection Devices.
6. Sample Collection Device Methods for Gases and Vapors.
7. Sample Collection Device Methods for Aerosols.
8. Concurrent Sampling for Vapors and Aerosols.
PART III: REAL-TIME MGEASUREMENT INSTRUEMENTS.
9. Introduction to Monitoring Using Real-Time Methods.
10. Instrument with Sensors for Specific Chemicals.
11. General Survey Instruments for Gases and Vapors.
12. Instruments for Multiple Specific Gases and Vapors: GC, GC/MS, and IR.
13. Colorimetric Systems for Gas and Vapor Sampling.
14. Real-Time Sampling Methods for Aerosols.
PART IV: MINITORING FOR AIRBORNE AGENTS OTHER THAN CHEMICALS.
15. Radon Measurements.
16. Sampling for Bioaerosols.
PART V: SPECIFIC SAMPLING APPLICATIONS AND SUPPLEMENTARY INFORMATION.
17. Specific Sampling Situations.
18. Biological Monitoring.
19. Surface Sampling Methods.
20. Bulk Sampling Methods.
Appendix A: Air Sampling Procedures.
Appendix B: Gas and Vapor Calibrations.
Appendix C: Field Calibration of Gas and Vapor Sensors.
Appendix D: Chemical-Specific Guidelines for Air Sampling and Analysis.
"The book should be in the library of every emergency response team as well as conventional sampling groups." (Journal of Hazardous Materials, March 2005)
“This second edition offers ready-to-use information for measuring a wide variety of airborne hazardous materials…” (CAB Abstracts, 2005)
"…the advances of sampling technology has greatly advanced and this text addresses them." (Industrial Hygiene News, January 2005)
"This work is highly recommended for academic, special, and industry libraries serving…all air sampling professionals who perform air monitoring…" (E-STREAMS, February 2005)