Rating of Electric Power Cables in Unfavorable Thermal Environment
April 2005, Wiley-IEEE Press
2. Ampacity reduction factors for cables crossing thermally unfavorable regions.
3. Cable crossings - derating considerations.
4. Application of thermal backfills for cables crossing unfavorable thermal environments.
5. Special considerations for real-time rating analysis and deeply buried cables.
6. Installations involving multiple cables in air.
7. Rating of pipe-type cables with slow circulation of dielectric fluid.
Appendix A: Computations of the mean moisture content in media surrounding underground power cables.
Appendix B: Estimation of backfill thermal resistivity.
Appendix C: Equations for dielectric fluid parameters.
"This reference book should be on the bookshelf of power engineers or application engineers...a practical and excellent resource…" (IEEE Electrical Insulation Magazine, November/December 2005)