Introduction to WLLs: Application and Deployment for Fixed and Broadband Services
September 2004, Wiley-IEEE Press
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
Other Available Formats: Hardcover
Wireless Local Loop (WLL) is now widely recognized as an economically viable technology for provision of telecommunication services to subscribers in sparsely populated as well as highly congested areas. However, the preparation of the business case, choice of a suitable technology, deployment planning, and radio and network system design for a WLL system depend on a range of technical and strategic planning variables.
The scope of the book includes a systems-level coverage of the following topics:
- Introduction to WLL systems
- Fundamentals of Radio Systems
- Key cellular and cordless technologies
- WLL systems design - system components and interfaces
- WLL systems design - radio aspects
- Planning and deployment of WLL systems
- Examples of commercially available WLL systems
- Broadband applications and services