Modern Microwave and Millimeter-Wave Power Electronics
April 2005, Wiley-IEEE Press
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
While both vacuum and solid-state electronics continue to evolve and provide unique solutions, emerging commercial and military applications that call for higher power and higher frequencies to accommodate massive volumes of transmitted data are the natural domain of vacuum electronics technology. Modern Microwave and Millimeter-Wave Power Electronics provides systems designers, engineers, and researchers-especially those with primarily solid-state training-with a thoroughly up-to-date survey of the rich field of microwave vacuum electronic device (MVED) technology.
This book familiarizes the R&D and academic communities with the capabilities and limitations of MVED and highlights the exciting scientific breakthroughs of the past decade that are dramatically increasing the compactness, efficiency, cost-effectiveness, and reliability of this entire class of devices.
This comprehensive text explores a wide range of topics:
- Traveling-wave tubes, which form the backbone of satellite and airborne communications, as well as of military electronic countermeasures systems
- Microfabricated MVEDs and advanced electron beam sources
- Klystrons, gyro-amplifiers, and crossed-field devices
- "Virtual prototyping" of MVEDs via advanced 3-D computational models
- High-Power Microwave (HPM) sources
- Next-generation microwave structures and circuits
- How to achieve linear amplification
- Advanced materials technologies for MVEDs
- A Web site appendix providing a step-by-step walk-through of a typical MVED design process
SPECIAL NOTE: All of the editors' royalties realized from the sale of this book will fund the future research and publication activities of graduate students in the vacuum electronics field.
Buy Both and Save 25%!
Modern Microwave and Millimeter-Wave Power Electronics (US $214.00)
-and- Microstrip Filters for RF/Microwave Applications, 2nd Edition (US $160.00)
Total List Price: US $374.00
Discounted Price: US $280.50 (Save: US $93.50)