Nonprofit Essentials: The Capital Campaign
Finally, a clear and compelling guide to the key components shared by all campaigns. Illuminating case studies, practical tools, proven strategies, and helpful hints displayed throughout the book highlight solutions to common stumbling blocks that can trip up even the experienced campaign professional. Emphasis is given to new tools available through the Internet, such as Web sites for prospect research and the use of electronic media to help make your organization’s case stand out among the competition.
Order your copy today!
1. Before Beginning Your Capital Campaign.
2. Preparing for the Capital Campaign.
3. Campaign Structure: Timetables, Gift Tables, and Goals.
4. Effective Campaign Leadership.
5. Making a Compelling Case.
6. Prospect Identification, Cultivation, and Solicitation.
7. Strategies That Motivate Donors.
8. Repositioning Your Organization through the Capital Campaign.
Rules of the Road.
"Walker’s book offers the rare and wonderful combination of both sophistication and simplicity. It is sophisticated in the depth of experience and knowledge it reflects yet simple to read and easy to use. Every beginner should read it for the strategic overview and ‘dog ear’ it for future referral on specific dilemmas. Every old work horse in the business should peruse it, marking those places Walker tells us what is changing and how to react to it."-- Martha W. Gilliland, Ph.D. Chancellor University of Missouri-Kansas City
"This book by Julie Walker provides a comprehensive and practical guide on fundraising essentials that should serve as the Bible for nonprofits everywhere. I keep it on my desk at all times."--Adrienne Brooks Vice President for Institutional Advancement, Xavier University of Louisiana