Handbook of Sensor Networks: Algorithms and Architectures
Written by an international team of recognized experts in sensor networks from prestigious organizations such as Motorola, Fujitsu, the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cornell University, and the University of Illinois, Handbook of Sensor Networks: Algorithms and Architectures tackles important challenges and presents the latest trends and innovations in this growing field.
Striking a balance between theoretical and practical coverage, this comprehensive reference explores a myriad of possible architectures for future commercial, social, and educational applications, and offers insightful information and analyses of critical issues, including:
* Sensor training and security
* Embedded operating systems
* Signal processing and medium access
* Target location, tracking, and sensor localization
* Broadcasting, routing, and sensor area coverage
* Topology construction and maintenance
* Data-centric protocols and data gathering
* Time synchronization and calibration
* Energy scavenging and power sources
With exercises throughout, students, researchers, and professionals in computer science, electrical engineering, and telecommunications will find this an essential read to bring themselves up to date on the key challenges affecting the sensors industry.
1. Introduction to Wireless Sensor Networking (Fernando Martincic and Loren Schwiebert).
2. Distributed Signal Processing Algorithms for the Physical Layer of Large-Scale Sensor Networks (An-swol Hu and Sergio D. Servetto).
3. Energy Scavenging and Non-traditional Power Sources for Wireless Sensor Networks (Shad Roundy and Luc Frechette).
4. A virtual infrastructure for wireless sensor networks (Stephan Olariu, Ashraf Wadaa, Qingwen Xu, and Ivan Stojmenovic).
5. Broadcast authentication and key management for secure sensor networks (Peng Ning and Donggang Liu).
6. Embedded operating systems for wireless micro sensor nodes (Brian Shucker, Jeff Rose, Anmol Sheth, James Carlson, Shah Bhatti, Hui Dai, Jing Deng and Richard Han).
7. Time Synchronization and Calibration in Wireless Sensor Networks (Kay Roemer, Philipp Blum and Lennart Meier).
8. The Wireless Sensor Network MAC (Edgar H. Callaway).
9. Localization in sensor networks (Jonathan Bachrach, and Christopher Taylor).
10. Topology construction and maintenance in wireless sensor networks (Jennifer Hou, Ning Li, and Ivan Stojmenovic).
11. Energy efficient broadcasting, activity scheduling and area coverage in sensor networks (David Simplot-Ryl, Ivan Stojmenovic, and Jie Wu).
12. Geographic and energy aware routing in sensor networks (Hannes Frey and Ivan Stojmenovic).
13. Data-centric protocols for wireless sensor networks (Ivan Stojmenovic and Stephan Olariu).
14. Path exposure, target location, classification and tracking in sensor networks (Kousha Moaveni-Nejad, and XiangYang Li).
15. Data gathering and fusion in sensor networks (Wei-Peng Chen and Jennifer Hou).
"…the book contains excellent contributions to the research literature…I undoubtedly recommend it." (Computing Reviews.com, December 13, 2005)
Buy Both and Save 25%!
Handbook of Sensor Networks: Algorithms and Architectures (US $180.00)
-and- Handbook of Wireless Networks and Mobile Computing (US $209.00)
Total List Price: US $389.00
Discounted Price: US $291.75 (Save: US $97.25)