Unwarranted Intrusions: The Case Against Government Intervention in the Marketplace
1. The Politics of Market Intervention.
I. A Nation of Subsidies.
2. Here They Come to Save the Day!
3. Be It Ever So Deductible.
4. Protection Racket.
5. How Are You Going to Keep Them Down on the Farm?
6. Location and Misallocation.
7. Getting the City to Play Ball.
8. Art of the State.
II. Restraint of Trade.
9. Stock Arguments.
10. What Is Wrong with Payola?
11. What Is Big Brother Watching?
12. Getting Cash and Making the Rent.
III. Telling It Like It Isn’t.
13. Honesty Is the Worst Policy.
14. Campaign Finance Reform: The Permanent Campaign.
15. Here’s That Rainy Day.
16. A Case of Insurance Fraud.
Epilogue: Can This Mess Be Fixed?
Fridson . . . decries political meddling in everything from catfish imports to ballparks in his deliciously provocative book. . . Whether discussing Social Security or subsidized sports arenas, he argues his case with the cool logic. . . The book zips along, leveraging anecdotes and statistics to expose how politicians -- Republican and Democratic alike -- prefer quick economic fixes to deep structural changes that might really bolster long-term growth. From start to finish, he slaughters holy cows with a sharp blade.-- Bloomberg
Buy Both and Save 25%!
Unwarranted Intrusions: The Case Against Government Intervention in the Marketplace (US $24.95)
-and- How to be a Billionaire: Proven Strategies from the Titans of Wealth (US $26.95)
Total List Price: US $51.90
Discounted Price: US $38.92 (Save: US $12.98)