Handbook of Adolescent Psychology, 2nd Edition
1. The Scientific Study of Adolescent Development: Past, Present, and Future.
PART ONE: FOUNDATIONS OF THE DEVELOPMENTAL SCIENCE OF ADOLESCENCE.
2. Puberty and Psychological Development.
3. Cognitive and Brain Development.
4. Socialization and Self-Development: Channeling, Selection, Adjustment, and Reflection.
5. Schools, Academic Motivation, and Stage-Environment Fit.
6. Moral Cognitions and Prosocial Responding in Adolescence.
8. Gender and Gender Role Development in Adolescence.
9. Processes of Risk and Resilience During Adolescence: Linking Contexts and Individuals.
PART TWO: SOCIAL RELATIONSHIPS AND SOCIAL CONTEXTS IN ADOLESCENCE.
10. Adolescence Across Place and Time: Globalization and the Changing Pathways to Adulthood.
11. Parent-Adolescent Relationships and Influences.
12. Adolescents’ Relationships with Peers.
13. Contexts for Mentoring: Adolescent-Adult Relationships in Workplaces and Communities.
14.Work and Leisure in Adolescence.
15. Diversity in Developmental Trajectories Across Adolescence: Neighborhood Influences.
16. Adolescents and Media.
17. The Legal Regulation of Adolescence.
PART THREE: ADOLESCENT CHALLENGES, CHOICES, AND POSITIVE YOUTH DEVELOPMENT.
18. Adolescent Health from an International Perspective.
19. Internalizing Problems During Adolescence.
20. Conduct Disorder, Aggression, and Delinquency.
21. Adolescent Substance Use.
22. Adolescents with Developmental Disabilities and Their Families.
23. Volunteerism, Leadership, Political Socialization, and Civic Engagement.
24. Applying Developmental Science: Methods, Visions, and Values.
25. Youth Development, Developmental Assets, and Public Policy.
Afterword: On the Future Development of Adolescent Psychology.
Laurence Steinberg, Ph.D. is Laura H. Carnell Professor of Psychology at Temple University. He is currently Director of the John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundatio n Research Network on Adolescent Development and Juvenile Justice. He is Past-President of the Society for Research on Adolescence and is the author or editor of numerous books, including Adolescence, Sixth Edition.