Not-for-Profit Audit Committee Best Practices
Due to recent, very public accounting scandals and the resulting Sarbanes-Oxley Act and other regulations, public companies have strict guidance on financial governance and accounting, including the functions and responsibilities of audit committee members. Though not-for-profit organizations are subject to increased scrutiny, there has been no detailed guidance for their audit committees. This book fills the void and helps not-for-profit organizations answer these questions:
* In today's skeptical environment, how can responsible financial governance and reporting reassure wary donors and supporters, and perhaps give the organization a competitive advantage?
* How should the audit committee be structured?
* Which Sarbanes-Oxley requirements (if any) should the audit committee adopt?
* Which best practices best fit the organization's structure and financial reporting needs?
Complete with checklists, sample questions, and an index for quick reference, Not-for-Profit Audit Committee Best Practices covers:
* Different types and unique characteristics of not-for-profit organizations
* The audit committee's role in preventing and detecting fraud
* Important internal controls and the internal audit function
* The relationship of the audit committee and the independent auditor
This heads-up, hands-on guide helps audit committee members select and structure appropriate best practices and function in the most effective manner for their unique not-for-profit organizations. It's also a valuable reference for board members, managers, independent auditors, and advisors of not-for-profit organizations.
1. Background and Regulatory Issues.
2. Establishing an Audit Committee and Determining Its Charter.
3. Responsibilities of Internal Control over Financial Reporting.
4. Understanding and Addressing the Risks of Fraud.
5. Defining the Role of the Internal Audit Function.
6. Establishing an Effective Whistleblower Program.
7. Audit Committee's Relationship with the Independent Auditor.
8. An Audit Committee Action Plan.
Not-for-Profit Audit Committee Best Practices (US $63.50)
-and- Sarbanes-Oxley for Nonprofits: A Guide to Building Competitive Advantage (US $65.00)
Total List Price: US $128.50
Discounted Price: US $96.37 (Save: US $32.13)