Handbook of EMDR and Family Therapy Processes
About the Editors.
About the Foreword Author.
1. EMDR and Case Conceptualization from an Adaptive Information Processing Perspective (Francine Shapiro).
2. Family Systems Theories and Therapeutic Applications: A Contextual Overview (
3. Use of the Genogram with Families for Assessment and Treatment (Sylvia Shellenberger).
4. EDMR Treatment of Family Abuse: Eye Movement to “I” Movement (Marcelle Manon).
PART II. ATTACHMENT PROBLEMS.
5. Treating Attachment Issues Through EMDR and a Family Systems Approach (Debra Wesselmann).
6. Repairing Maternal-Infant Bonding Failures (Antonio Madrid).
7. Enhancing Attachments: Conjoint Couple Therapy (Mark D. Moses).
PART III. MARITAL PROBLEMS AND CONFLICTS.
8. Integrating EMDR and Bowen Theory in Treating Chronic Relationship Dysfunction (Nancy Knudsen).
9. Integrating EMDR and Imago Relationship Therapy in Couple Treatment (Beverly S. Talan).
10. EMDR and Emotionally Focused Couple Therapy for War Veteran Couples (nancy Errebo and Rita Sommers-Flanagan).
11. Sexual Trauma in Dysfunctional Marriages: Integrating Structural Therapy and EMDR (Wilhelmina S. Koedam).
12. EMDR and Family Therapy in the Treatment of Domestic Violence (Julie E. Stowasser).
PART IV. CHILD AND FAMILY PROBLEMS.
13. Complex Separation, Individuation Processes, and Anxiety Disorders in Young Adulthood (Laura Rocchietta Tofani).
14. Children of Divorce (Frances (Frankie) R. Klaff).
15. The Child as Identified Patient: Integrating Contextual Therapy and EMDR (Barry Litt).
16. Integrating EMDR and Family Therapy: Treating the Traumatized Child (Anita Bardin, Joel Comet and Deborah Porten).
17. Integrative Treatment of Intrafamilial Child Sexual Abuse (Louise Maxfield).
18. Medical Family Therapy (Margaret (Peggy) V.
PART V. COMMUNITY DISASTERS.
19. Disaster Response: EMDR and Family Systems Therapy under Communitywide Stress (Robert A. Gelbach and Katherine E. B. Davis).
PART VI. CONCLUSION.
20. The Integration of EMDR and Family Systems Therapies (Louise Maxfield,
Appendix A. EMDR Resources.
Appendix B. EMDR Trauma Research Finding and Further
Appendix C. Family Systems Resources.
Appendix D. A Brief History of the Field of Family Psychology and Therapy (
FLORENCE W. KASLOW, PhD, ABPP, is Director of the Florida Couples and Family Institute. She has been president of various organizations including the International Family TherapyAssociation, American Board of Family Psychology, and two divisions of APA. She has received numerous awards from APA, AAMFT, and ABPP and has authored over 200 books, chapters, and articles.
LOUISE MAXFIELD, PhD, is a psychologist at the London Health Sciences Centre, Canada. She is an Assistant Professor at the University of Western Ontario and an Adjunct Professor at Lakehead University. The author of numerous articles and recipient of various research awards, she is the founding editor of the Journal of EMDR Practice and Research.
—A. Rodney Nurse & Peggy Thompson (PsycCRITIQUES, December 2007)