Five Key Lessons from Top Money Managers
In Five Key Lessons from Top Money Managers, Scott Kays taps into the investment knowledge of five of the nation's foremost money managers-Bill Nygren, Andy Stephens, Christopher Davis, Bill Fries, and John Calamos. Through extensive interviews with these investment experts, Kays found five principles that are common to all of them. This book discusses each of these five principles in detail-and gives readers specific tools to implement what they've learned by developing a step-by-step process that incorporates all five principles. Kays even teaches readers how to screen for companies that meet the criteria for quality businesses and then analyze three of the qualifying firms to determine if they sell above or below their fair market value.
1. The Return of Common Sense.
2. Andy Stephens: Lead Portfolio Manager, Artisan Mid Cap Fund.
3. Bill Nygren: Lead Portfolio Manager, Oakmark Select Fund, Oakmark Fund.
4. Christopher C. Davis: Portfolio Manager, Selected American Shares.
5. Bill Fries: Portfolio Manager, Thornburg Value Fund, Thornburg International Value Fund.
6. John Calamos Sr.: Portfolio Manager, Calamos Growth Fund.
7. Five Common Principles of the Professionals.
8. The Artist Meets the Technician: Developing an Investment Philosophy and Process.
9. Finding the Blue Light Specials.
10. Valuing Stocks.
11. A Big Value in an Orange Box.
12. PEs, PEGs, and IRRs.
13. Just Do It!
Appendix 1: Investment Resources.
Appendix 2: Stock Investment Screen.
About the Author.