How to Run Seminars & Workshops: Presentation Skills for Consultants, Trainers and Teachers, 3rd Edition
Most new trainers and presenters know all they need to know about their chosen subject. Unfortunately, few of them actually know how to present what they know. For more than a decade, Robert Jolles's How to Run Seminars and Workshops has taught tens of thousands of people how to sell, teach, stand up, and deliver an effective training session on almost any subject in almost any setting.
This new Third Edition updates this classic guide for anyone who has to get up and move an audience. Just as he did in the book's previous editions, Jolles-former head of Xerox's world-renowned "train the trainer" program-shares proven, effective techniques for winning over an audience, holding their interest, conveying important information, and moving that audience to take action! For seasoned pros, this is an invaluable tool for becoming a world-class seminar and workshop leader. For novices, it's a step-by-step self-teaching guide that provides the confidence and the techniques speakers need to survive and thrive in front of an audience.
Packed with straightforward, trustworthy advice, this reliable resource covers all the bases for today's professional trainers and speakers, including research and preparation, questioning techniques, pacing, visual aids, evaluation and support, feedback, and more:
- Creating your own seminar business
- Recognizing different personalities and types of behavior
- Training groups with diverse needs
- On-site preparations
- Maintaining the audience's interest
- The latest technology and visual aids
- Giving feedback and coaching
- Presenting your best self to the audience
- Developing a training staff
- And, most important, how to sell your message
Trusted by thousands of professional trainers for the latest tactics and practices in seminar and workshop leadership, How to Run Seminars and Workshops, Third Edition is the ultimate guide for anyone who makes a living sharing what they know with others.
PART I: GETTING STARTED.
1. Creating a Seminar Business.
2. Working with Adult Audiences.
3. Recognizing Trainees’ Levels of Behavior.
4. The Personality Parade: Training All Different Types of People.
5. The Pace Race: How to Train Groups with Diverse Needs.
6. Anatomy of an 8:00 A.M. Start: Finalizing On-Site Preparations.
PART II: DELIVERY: THE ART OF MAKING GREAT PRESENTATIONS.
7. The Secret of Success: Selling Your Presentation.
8. Twenty-Five Tips on Maintaining Interest.
9. The Art of Effective Questioning: Getting Trainees Involved.
10. Using Visual Aids.
11. Technology and Training.
12. Giving Feedback and Coaching.
13. Tricks of the Trade.
PART III: IMPROVING THE TRAINING PROCESS.
14. Inside the Mind of a Trainer: How to Present Your Best Self.
15. The Value of Good Training: Hiring Effective Trainers.
16. Avoiding the Training Trap: Problems with Relevance and Respect.
17. Developing a Training Staff.
18. Evaluation and Support.
19. Adventures in Cross-Training.
Epilogue: What’s Next?
Buy Both and Save 25%!
How to Run Seminars & Workshops: Presentation Skills for Consultants, Trainers and Teachers, 3rd Edition (US $24.00)
Total List Price: US $46.00
Discounted Price: US $34.50 (Save: US $11.50)