Principles of Plasma Discharges and Materials Processing, 2nd Edition
April 2005, ©2005
The first edition of Principles of Plasma Discharges and Materials Processing, published over a decade ago, was lauded for its complete treatment of both basic plasma physics and industrial plasma processing, quickly becoming the primary reference for students and professionals.
The Second Edition has been carefully updated and revised to reflect recent developments in the field and to further clarify the presentation of basic principles. Along with in-depth coverage of the fundamentals of plasma physics and chemistry, the authors apply basic theory to plasma discharges, including calculations of plasma parameters and the scaling of plasma parameters with control parameters.
New and expanded topics include:
* Updated cross sections
* Diffusion and diffusion solutions
* Generalized Bohm criteria
* Expanded treatment of dc sheaths
* Langmuir probes in time-varying fields
* Electronegative discharges
* Pulsed power discharges
* Dual frequency discharges
* High-density rf sheaths and ion energy distributions
* Hysteresis and instabilities
* Helicon discharges
* Hollow cathode discharges
* Ionized physical vapor deposition
* Differential substrate charging
With new chapters on dusty plasmas and the kinetic theory of discharges, graduate students and researchers in the field of plasma processing should find this new edition more valuable than ever.
2. Basic Plasma Equations and Equilibrium.
3. Atomic Collisions.
4. Plasma Dynamics.
5. Diffusion and Transport.
6. DC Sheaths.
7. Chemical Reactions and Equilibrium.
8. Molecular Collisions.
9. Chemical Kinetics and Surface Processes.
10. Particle and Energy Balance in Discharges.
11. Capacitive Discharges.
12. Inductive Discharges.
13. Wave-Heated Discharges.
14. DC Discharges.
16. Deposition and Implantation.
17. Dusty Plasmas.
18. Kinetic Theory of Discharges.
Appendix A: Collision Dynamics.
Appendix B: The Collision Integral.
Appendix C: Diffusion Solutions for Variable Mobility Model.
ALLAN J. LICHTENBERG, PhD, is Professor in the Graduate School in Electrical Engineering at the University of California, Berkeley. A respected pioneer in the fields of high-temperature plasmas, plasma discharges, and nonlinear dynamics, he has published about 150 articles in these areas. In addition to the books coauthored with Professor Lieberman, he has written an earlier monograph Phase-Space Dynamics of Particles (Wiley).
- Most complete reference book for basic plasma physics and for industrial plasma processing
- A thorough and complete revision of the bible in the field for students and workers in the field
- In-depth coverage of the fundamentals of plasma physics and chemistry -- includes separate chapters on atomic and molecular collisions
- Applies basic theory to plasma discharges including calculations of plasma parameters and scaling of plasma parameters with control parameters
- Covers the basic principles of equations of plasma physics.
- Most complete treatment of dc sheaths than can be found in any other publication
- Includes two new chapters: "Dusty Plasmas" and "Kinetic Theory of Discharges."
Buy Both and Save 25%!
Principles of Plasma Discharges and Materials Processing, 2nd Edition (US $191.00)
-and- Metamaterials: Physics and Engineering Explorations (US $189.00)
Total List Price: US $380.00
Discounted Price: US $285.00 (Save: US $95.00)