Atmospheric Chemistry and Physics: From Air Pollution to Climate Change, 2nd Edition
August 2006, ©2006
The Second Edition of this internationally acclaimed text presents the latest developments in atmospheric science. It continues to be the premier text for both a rigorous and a complete treatment of the chemistry of the atmosphere, covering such pivotal topics as:
* Chemistry of the stratosphere and troposphere
* Formation, growth, dynamics, and properties of aerosols
* Meteorology of air pollution
* Transport, diffusion, and removal of species in the atmosphere
* Formation and chemistry of clouds
* Interaction of atmospheric chemistry and climate
* Radiative and climatic effects of gases and particles
* Formulation of mathematical chemical/transport models of the atmosphere
All chapters develop results based on fundamental principles, enabling the reader to build a solid understanding of the science underlying atmospheric processes. Among the new material are three new chapters: Atmospheric Radiation and Photochemistry, General Circulation of the Atmosphere, and Global Cycles. In addition, the chapters Stratospheric Chemistry, Tropospheric Chemistry, and Organic Atmospheric Aerosols have been rewritten to reflect the latest findings.
Readers familiar with the First Edition will discover a text with new structures and new features that greatly aid learning. Many examples are set off in the text to help readers work through the application of concepts. Advanced material has been moved to appendices. Finally, many new problems, coded by degree of difficulty, have been added. A solutions manual is available.
Thoroughly updated and restructured, the Second Edition of Atmospheric Chemistry and Physics is an ideal textbook for upper-level undergraduate and graduate students, as well as a reference for researchers in environmental engineering, meteorology, chemistry, and the atmospheric sciences.
Click here to Download the Solutions Manual for Academic Adopters: http://www.wiley.com/WileyCDA/Section/id-292291.html
2 Atmospheric Trace Constituents.
3 Chemical Kinetics.
4 Atmospheric Radiation and Photochemistry.
5 Chemistry of the Stratosphere.
6 Chemistry of the Troposphere.
7 Chemistry of the Atmospheric Aqueous Phase.
8 Properties of the Atmospheric Aerosol.
9 Dynamics of Single Aerosol Particles.
10 Thermodynamics of Aerosols.
12 Mass Transfer Aspects of Atmospheric Chemistry.
13 Dynamics of Aerosol Populations.
14 Organic Atmospheric Aerosols.
15 Interaction of Aerosols with Radiation.
16 Meteorology of the Local Scale.
17 Cloud Physics.
18 Atmospheric Diffusion.
19 Dry Deposition.
20 Wet Deposition.
21 General Circulation of the Atmosphere.
22 Global Cycles: Sulfur and Carbon.
23 Climate and Chemical Composition of the Atmosphere.
24 Aerosols and Climate.
25 Atmospheric Chemical Transport Models.
26 Statistical Models.
SPYROS N. PANDIS, PHD, is Professor of Chemical Engineering at the University of Patras, Greece, and EliasResearch Professor of Chemical Engineering and Engineering & Public Policy at Carnegie Mellon University.
- Restructured chapters to make the text more student-friendly by presenting chapter summaries and moving more advanced material to later chapters
- Adds new chapters on: Atmospheric Radiation and Photochemistry, General Circulation of the Atmosphere, and Global Cycles
- Includes a thoroughly rewritten chapter on Stratospheric Chemistry, Tropospheric Chemistry, and Organic Atmospheric Aerosols
- Updates and revises an established and recognized textbook
- Covers both the fundamentals and more in-depth science elements
- Includes numerous figures and tables containing key data, as well as worked out examples illustrating the theory
- Provides answers to problems with a solutions manual developed by the authors. Visit www.wiley.com/WileyCDA/Section/id-292291.html for access to the solutions manual.
- Takes the reader from basic undergraduate material to the frontier of research in the field
Atmospheric Chemistry and Physics: From Air Pollution to Climate Change, 2nd Edition (US $155.00)
Total List Price: US $314.00
Discounted Price: US $235.50 (Save: US $78.50)