Biomedical Applications of Nanotechnology
The field of nanotechnology is undergoing rapid developments on many fronts. This reference provides a comprehensive review of various nanotechnologies with a view to their biomedical applications. With chapters contributed by distinguished scientists from diverse disciplines, Biomedical Applications of Nanotechnology :
- Reviews recent advances in the designing of various nanotechnologies based on nucleic acids, polymers, biomaterials, and metals
- Discusses biomedical nanotechnology in areas such as drug and gene delivery
- Covers advanced aspects of imaging and diagnostics
- Includes a chapter on the issue of nanotoxicology
1. Biological Applications of Multifunctional Magnetic Nanowires.
2. Nucleic Acid Delivery and Localizing Delivery with Magnetic Nanoparticles.
3. Magnetic Nanoparticles in Cancer Diagnosis and Hyperthermic Treatment.
4. Brownian Motion In Biological Sensing.
5. Dendrimers And Hyperbranched Polymers For Drug Delivery.
6. Nanogels-Chemistry to Drug Delivery.
7. Targeted Gold Nanoparticles for Imaging and Therapy .
8. Building Blocks of Nucleic Acid Nanostructures: .
Unfolding Thermodynamics of Intramolecular DNA Complexes.
About the Editors.
Vinod Labhasetwar, PHD, is a Professor in the Department of Biomedical Engineering, Lerner Research Institute at the Cleveland Clinic, where he leads the Cancer NanoMedicine Program, a collaborative effort jointly sponsored by the Department of Biomedical Engineering and the clinic's Taussig Cancer Center. Dr. Labhasetwar's research interest is in translational nanomedicine. His laboratory investigates various nanosystems for drug/gene delivery in cancer therapy, stroke, cardiovascular conditions, and other age-related disorders. In addition, his group investigates magnetic nanoparticles for imaging applications. Dr. Labhasetwar has published over one hundred peer-reviewed articles and book chapters. He has several U.S. and foreign patents on drug delivery. Diandra L. Leslie-Pelecky, PHD, is Associate Professor of Physics and Astronomy and a member of the Nebraska Center for Materials and Nanoscience at the University of Nebraska Lincoln. She works with nanostructured magnetic materials having applications in biomedicine, magnetic recording, and permanent magnets, as well as with fundamental understanding of disordered magnetic systems. She has forty peer-reviewed articles and book chapters.
- Provides a comprehensive survey of nanotechnology including advances in nanotechnology-based drug delivery systems and approaches
- Discusses biomedical nanotechnology in areas such as: drug delivery, vaccines, tissue engineering, toxicity assessments, and gene delivery
- Includes a section analyzing the economic impact of nanotechnology
- Raises the profile of drug delivery in the field of nanotechnology
- Contributes toward an understanding of various cellular processes at a molecular level
"[A] well-produced book, easy to find your way around … .Each chapter is accompanied by a detailed list of references that includes both popular science journals and the more specialised research literature." (Chemistry and Industry, November 2008)
Biomedical Applications of Nanotechnology (US $134.00)
-and- Nanoethics: The Ethical and Social Implications of Nanotechnology (US $58.95)
Total List Price: US $192.95
Discounted Price: US $144.71 (Save: US $48.24)