Fundamentals of Digital Logic and Microcomputer Design, 5th Edition
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
Other Available Formats: Hardcover
Fundamentals of Digital Logic & Microcomputer Design, a leading computer science / engineering text for undergraduate and introductory graduate courses, has long been hailed for its clear and simple presentation of the principles and basic tools required to design typical digital systems such as microcomputers. In this Fifth Edition, the author focuses on computer design at three levels: the device level, the logic level and the system level. Basic topics are covered, such as number systems and Boolean algebra, combinational and sequential logic design as well as more advanced subjects such as assembly language programming and microprocessor-based system design. Numerous examples are provided.
- Digital circuits at the gate and flip-flop levels
- Analysis and design of combinational and sequential circuits
- Microcomputer organization, architecture and programming concepts
- Design of computer instruction sets, CPU, memory, and I/O
- System design features associated with popular microprocessors from Intel and Motorola
- Future plans in microprocessor development
- An Instructor's Manual presenting detailed solutions to all the problems in the book is available from the Wiley editorial department.