The Turf Problem Solver: Case Studies and Solutions for Environmental, Cultural and Pest Problems
Chapter 1. Introduction.
Cycles of Inquiry.
Chapter 2. Turfgrass Problems.
Summary of Turfgrass Problems.
Chapter 3. Environmental Problems.
Summary of Environmental Problems.
Chapter 4. Cultural Problems.
Cultivation and Topdressing.
Summary of Cultural Problems.
Chapter 5. Pest and Pesticide Problems.
Large Animal Pests.
Summary of Pest and Pesticide Problems.
Chapter 6. People Problems.
Appendix 1: List of Herbicides.
Appendix 2: List of Fungicides.
Appendix 3: List of Insecticides.
Appendix 4: List of Pant Growth Regulators.
J. M. VARGAS, Jr. is Professor of Plant Pathology at Michigan State University, where he has been involved in teaching, research, and extension for thirty-five years. An international authority who has presented worldwide, he has published more than 200 articles on turfgrass diseases and related subjects.
- Distinguished by its case-based approach to learning
- Provides real-world examples and solutions
- Coverage includes turf problems involving environment (temperature, shade, moisture, etc...), cultural (mowing, fertilization, irrigation, rolling, etc...), pest and pesticide (weeds, diseases, insects, etc...)
- Offers coverage of human resources issues using the same case study approach
- Supports self learning by encouraging analysis, synthesis and evaluation
- Offers coverage of the most common issues in turf management
- Appendices offer ready references for chemical names, maps, conversion charts and calibration guidelines
- Each chapter offers introductory material that frames the case studies.
The Turf Problem Solver: Case Studies and Solutions for Environmental, Cultural and Pest Problems (US $90.00)
-and- Management of Turfgrass Diseases , 3rd Edition (US $140.00)
Total List Price: US $230.00
Discounted Price: US $172.50 (Save: US $57.50)