Water Treatment Made Simple: For Operators
October 2005, ©2006
Water Treatment Made Simple is an easy-to-understand introduction to the increasingly complex functions of water treatment plants. It's a perfect primer for anyone pursuing Water Treatment Plant Operator certification, and a succinct refresher for new hires since it covers all the fundamental proficiencies of water treatment, including laboratory testing, hydraulics, mathematics, chemistry, water transmission, disinfection, and microbiology.
Water Treatment Made Simple also serves as a highly illustrative reference featuring dozens of handy problem-solving tables that are invaluable for troubleshooting on site, and brief and simplified versions of fundamental principles in each chapter, supplemented with common problems and possible solutions. It features:
* Unique problem-solving tools to help operators diagnose and remedy problems throughout the treatment process
* Self-review questions that help readers qualify their understanding of covered topics
* A comprehensive list of references for further study
* A helpful glossary and appendixes for quick reference
2. Water Sources.
3. Water Treatment Laboratory.
5. Coagulation and Flocculation.
11. Taste and Odor Control.
13. Water Transmission.
Appendix A: Information Sources.
Appendix B: CT Values.
Appendix C: Chemicals Used in Water Treatment.
Appendix D: Chemical Reactions in Water Treatment.
* Perfect refresher for those studying for the Water Treatment Operator certification
* Includes unique chapters on chemistry, microbiology, hydraulics and mathematics
* Dozens of unique problem-solving tables help operators diagnose and remedy problems that arise throughout the treatment process
* End-of-chapter review questions help the reader to test their understanding of the material before moving on
* Includes helpful glossary