Professional C# 2005
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
Other Available Formats: Paperback
It starts with a tutorial on C# and the .NET framework. This introduction assumes no prior knowledge of .NET, but it does move rapidly, on the assumption that the reader is an experienced programmer. Once this background knowledge is established, the book starts to sweep through the vast .NET class library, showing how you can use C# to solve various tasks. This comprehensive coverage is one of the key selling points of previous versions of the book, and is maintained and enhanced with this new edition by adding new chapters on Generics, ObjectSpaces, Yukon, and Indigo. Some reference material is included either as appendices or is available to download from the Wrox website.
After the introduction and initial chapter, the book is divided into a number of sections that cover both the C# language and its application in a variety of areas. Coverage includes:
- Writing Windows applications and Windows services
- Writing web pages and web services with ASP.NET
- Manipulating XML using C# 2005
- Understanding .NET Assemblies
- Using ADO.NET to access databases
- Integration with COM, COM+, and Active Directory
- Distributed applications with .NET Remoting
- Generating graphics using C# 2005
- Accessing files and the Registry, and controlling .NET security