New Sales Speak: The 9 Biggest Sales Presentation Mistakes and How To Avoid Them, 2nd Edition
-Harvey Mackay, author of the New York Times bestseller Swim with the Sharks Without Being Eaten Alive
"An incredible book on sales effectiveness! You can learn how to release your brakes and step on your accelerator toward higher sales."
-Brian Tracy, Brian Tracy International
"Terri Sjodin is one of the country's top sales trainers, and her book, New Sales Speak, is a must-read for anyone in sales or sales management. Now, the Second Edition is here and it's even bigger and better! I highly recommend it."
-Roger Dawson, author of Secrets of Power Negotiating
"This book gives you real-world knowledge that you can apply every day. The new chapter on elevator speeches alone is worth the investment."
-Eric Worre, cofounder, Better Life Media
Written for anyone who gives presentations, New Sales Speak, Second Edition identifies the nine most common mistakes people make when presenting and shows you how to avoid them. Inside, you'll learn how to: Build and deliver a presentation that is persuasive rather than just informative Make the best use of your allotted time and craft interest-generating elevator speeches Just say "No!" to boring PowerPoint presentations Transform fear into energy-and more!
Introduction and Overview.
1. Making a Commitment to Success.
2. Sales Speak: Selling, Speaking, and the Partnership between the Two.
3. Mistake Number 1: Winging It.
4. Mistake Number 2: Being Too Informative versus Persuasive.
5. Mistake Number 3: Misusing the Allotted Time.
6. Mistake Number 4: Providing Inadequate Support.
7. Mistake Number 5: Failing to Close the Sale.
8. Mistake Number 6: Being Boring, Boring, Boring.
9. Mistake Number 7: Relying Too Much on Visual Aids.
10. Mistake Number 8: Distracting Gestures and Body Language.
11. Mistake Number 9: Wearing Inappropriate Dress.
12. Is There a 10th Mistake? Failing to Earn the Right to Be Heard.
13. How to Do a Self-Evaluation.
14. Pearls of Wisdom—Great Sales Stories and Insights.
15. Summary: The Nine Biggest Mistakes.
How to Contact the Author.