Mastering Family Therapy: Journeys of Growth and Transformation, 2nd Edition
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
Other Available Formats: E-book
Few people have had as profound an impact on the theory and practice of family therapy as Salvador Minuchin. As one commentator put it, "Memories of his classic sessions have become the standard against which therapists judge their own best work." This new edition of the classic, Mastering Family Therapy, offers beginners and experienced practitioners alike the opportunity to learn the art and science of family therapy under this pioneering clinician and teacher.
In elegant clinical interplays, Minuchin, his colleagues Wai-Yung Lee and George Simon, and eight advanced students provide answers to such critical questions as:
* What does it take to master the art of family therapy?
* How do I create an effective personal style?
* How can I become an instrument for growth for troubled families?
This updated Second Edition features:
* An overview and critique of new models of treatment in the field, especially evidence-based models of family treatment
* New case material highlighting the impact of societal context on families
* Minuchin's conceptualization of a four-step process of family assessment, including how history can impact current family functioning
A new and thoroughly revised version of the classic text, Mastering Family Therapy, Second Edition is essential reading for all those who practice, study, or teach family therapy.
Buy Both and Save 25%!
Mastering Family Therapy: Journeys of Growth and Transformation, 2nd Edition (US $60.00)
Total List Price: US $76.95
Discounted Price: US $57.71 (Save: US $19.24)