The Not-for-Profit CEO Workbook: Practical Steps to Attaining & Retaining the Corner Office
Practical Steps to Attaining & Retaining the Corner Office
CEOs of not-for-profit associations (and those who aspire to be) face unique organizational challenges that require specific skills. Developed to complement The Not-for-Profit CEO, a core reference in the not-for-profit arena, this workbook helps readers translate information into action. Based on research that involved more than 100 not-for-profit CEOs and was conducted with the support of the American Society of Association Executives (ASAE), it provides the tools, techniques, and guidance to help readers develop the essential traits and competencies to become successful in the challenging, competitive not-for-profit world. It includes:
* A CD-ROM with reusable, customizable forms, including checklists, personal analysis and self-assessment sheets, and more
* Case studies of a high school student, a college student, a professional in the field, a for-profit executive, and a current not-for-profit CEO--studies that demonstrate practical steps to take at various stages along the career path
* A guide to creating and regularly updating a personalized strategic career plan
Designed to help readers realize their potential and achieve their goals, this is a valuable resource and tool kit for not-for-profit professionals, current and aspiring CEOs, board members, and students.
A Sense of History.
Section 1. Academic Preparation.
Section 2. Career Experiences and the Leadership Factor.
Section 3. The Process of Getting Things Done.
Section 4. The Career Strategic Planner.
Additional Sources of Information.
About the CD-ROM.
- Tools and Techniques: The workbook includes an evaluation worksheet, forms, and checklists to help readers assess their skills and develop the competencies needed to be successful.
- CD-ROM: The workbook has an accompanying CD-ROM with reusable forms, checklists, and documents such as suggested methods of attaining a CEO position, a guide to retaining a CEO position, and suggested methods of positioning one's self to attain a higher-level CEO position.
- Case studies provide real-life examples of successful strategies.
- Credentialed author: Walter Pidgeon is well-known and respected among colleagues—he is a frequent speaker to the nonprofit community on this and other relevant nonprofit topics.
The Not-for-Profit CEO Workbook: Practical Steps to Attaining & Retaining the Corner Office (US $51.50)
-and- The Not-for-Profit CEO: How to Attain and Retain the Corner Office (US $44.95)
Total List Price: US $96.45
Discounted Price: US $72.33 (Save: US $24.12)