Glycogen Synthase Kinase 3 (GSK-3) and Its Inhibitors: Drug Discovery and Development
PART I: CELLULAR FUNCTIONS OF GSK-3.
1. Glycogen Synthase Kinase-3 - an Introductory Synopsis .
2. Glycogen-Synthase-Kinase-β (GSK-3β) a Key Signaling Enzyme: A Developmental Neurobiological Perspective.
3. Role of GSK3/Shaggy in neuronal cell biology.
5. Kinase-Kinase and Site-Site Interactions in the Phosphorylation of Tau by GSK-3.
PART II: GSK3 AS A THERAPEUTIC TARGET IN HUMAN PATHOLOGY.
6. GSK-3, a Key Player in Alzheimer’s Disease.
7. Glycogen Synthase Kinase-3: A Target for Novel Mood Disorder Treatments.
8. GSK3 and Stem Cells.
9. Glycogen Synthase Kinase-3: role in Neurodegeneration and Neuroprotection.
10. Protein Kinase Inhibitors. Assay Development.
11. Animal Models with Modified Expression of GSK-3 for the Study of Its Physiology and of Its Implications in Human Pathologies.
PART III: GSK-3 INHIBITORS: DEVELOPMENT AND THERAPEUTIC POTENTIAL.
12. Lithium, the Seminal GSK3 Inhibitor.
13. Inhibition of GSK3 as Therapeutic Strategy in Disease: Efficacy of AR-A014418.
14. TDZD’s: Selective And ATP Non Competitive Glycogen Synthase Kinase-3 Inhibitors.
15. 3-Amino Pyrazoles as Potent and Selective Glycogen Synthase (GSK-3) Inhibitors.
16. Marine compounds as a new source for Glycogen Synthase Kinase-3 Inhibitors.
ANA CASTRO is the Medicinal Chemistry Director of NeuroPharma. She was formerly a tenured scientist at the Medicinal Chemistry Institute.
MIGUEL MEDINA is the Drug Discovery Director at NeuroPharma. He was formerly an instructor at the Brigham and Women's Hospital and the Harvard Medical School.