Network Routing Basics: Understanding IP Routing in Cisco Systems
- A fresh look at routing and routing protocols in today's networks. A primer on the subject, but with thorough, robust coverage of an array of routing topics
- Written by a network/routing instructor who could never find quite the right book for his students -so he wrote his own
- Coverage of all routing protocols. In-depth coverage of interior routing protocols, with extensive treatment of OSPF. Includes overview of BGP as well
- Not written as a "pass the test" guide. Rather, a close look at real world routing with many examples, making it an excellent choice for preparing for a variety of certification exams
- Many extras including a networking primer, TCPIP coverage with thorough explanations of subnetting / VLSMs / CIDR addressing, route summarization, discontiguous networks, longest match principal, and more.
Chapter 1: Networking Overview.
Chapter 2: Routing Basics.
Chapter 3: Static Routing.
Chapter 4: Dynamic Routing.
Chapter 5: RIP.
Chapter 6: IGRP.
Chapter 7: EIGRP.
Chapter 8: OSPF.
Chapter 9: External Routing Protocols in Brief.
Chapter 10: Redistribution and Default Routing.
Appendix A: Where Do You Go From Here?
Appendix B: Recommended Reading.
Appendix C: RFCs Related to Routing.
Appendix D: Web References.
Appendix E: Administrative Distance Table.
Appendix F: Quick-and-Dirty Subnetting—No Calculator.
Appendix G: Subnetting Helper Sheet.