Microbiologically Influenced Corrosion
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
This is a Print-on-Demand title. It will be printed specifically to fill your order. Please allow an additional 5-6 days delivery time. The book is not returnable.
Other Available Formats: E-book
Microbiologically Influenced Corrosion helps engineers and scientists understand and combat the costly failures that occur due to microbiologically influenced corrosion (MIC). This book combines recent findings from diverse disciplines into one comprehensive reference. Complete with case histories from a variety of environments, it covers:
- Biofilm formation
- Causative organisms, relating bacteria and fungi to corrosion mechanisms for groups of metals
- Diagnosing and monitoring MIC
- Electrochemical techniques, with an overview of methods for detection of MIC
- The impact of alloying elements, including antimicrobial metals, and design features on MIC
- MIC of non-metallics
- Strategies for control or prevention of MIC, including engineering, chemical, and biological approaches
This is a valuable, all-inclusive reference for corrosion scientists, engineers, and researchers, as well as designers, managers, and operators.