Professional Linux Programming
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
Other Available Formats: E-book
- This book is broken into four primary sections addressing key topics that Linux programmers need to master: Linux nuts and bolts, the Linux kernel, the Linux desktop, and Linux for the Web
- Effective examples help get readers up to speed with building software on a Linux-based system while using the tools and utilities that contribute to streamlining the software development process
- Discusses using emulation and virtualization technologies for kernel development and application testing
- Includes useful insights aimed at helping readers understand how their applications code fits in with the rest of the software stack
- Examines cross-compilation, dynamic device insertion and removal, key Linux projects (such as Project Utopia), and the internationalization capabilities present in the GNOME desktop