This title is out-of-print and not currently available for purchase from this site.
Professional Ajax discusses the range of request brokers (including the hidden frame technique, iframes, and XMLHttp) and explains when one should be used over another. You will also learn different Ajax techniques and patterns for executing client-server communication on your web site and in web applications. By the end of the book, you will have gained the practical knowledge necessary to implement your own Ajax solutions. In addition to a full chapter case study showing how to combine the book's Ajax techniques into an AjaxMail application, Professional Ajax uses many other examples to build hands-on Ajax experience. Some of the other examples include:
- web site widgets for a news ticker, weather information, web search, and site search
- preloading pages in online articles
- incremental form validation
- using Google Web APIs in Ajax
- creating an autosuggest text box